16 June 2005

Batman begins....

I sat through the movie with Aditi fast asleep on my lap, which is why I couldn't get up and shout out in protest. For the price of a ticket, I at least wanted to see Batman.... but all I saw was an el cheapo imposter dressed in body fitting kevlar and latex who didn't do justice to the costume the way Val Kilmer did in Batman Forever.

See, the thing is, I saw batman in my college days (an entire decade ago) and Val Kilmer looked so HOT in that costume. His lips were soooo sexy! Since then, no Batman fit the costume! No other Batman has had sexy lips like Val Kilmer's.

The movie was general timepass. Some of the action scenes were shot with a very shaky hand holding a very shaky camera. Reminded me a bit of the action scenes from The Bourne Supremacy. It was rather annoying after a bit.

And Christian bale does not bring to the role the charisma that Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton did. Even George Clooney was a better Batman than Bale. I kinda thought he was plastic. The Significant Other, however, was too busy admiring the Oscar worthy talents of Katie Holmes to make an intelligent coherent remark on Batman.

Liam Neeson was brilliant as Ducad/Ra's Al Ghul (oops, slight spoiler happened there). But again he seemed a little too immured in his role as Qui-Gon Jinn from SW1- The Phantom Menace. When you get around watching the movie, pay a little attention the swordfighting scene on the frozen lake. Has the look and feel of a lightsaber duel. And their costumes are kinda reminiscent of the Star Wars Jedi garb. I almost expected Neeson to say, 'feel the Force around you, young Bruce', or something like that!

Of course, I should mention that the movie does get around to explaining why Mr. Bruce Wayne decided to become BATman as opposed to CATman, DOGman or PACman. Generally entertaining and a good movie to kill time. But Christian Bale is NOT Batman!

6 comments:

Vidya said...

then get blogging, I say... and btw, no one has copyright on these. so go ahead and get blogging

Kenny said...

Val Kilmer is in Batman Forever, not Batman Returns.

Vidya said...

thanks Kenny... corrected

katongking said...

Right - the only reason you could have possibly liked Val Kilmer in Batman Forever was the nipples.

Keaton was the best Batman for me. I haven't yet seen BB, so don't know about Christian Bale.

But George Clooney??? You're batty.

Vidya said...

K, dude.... U don't really get it...

All you could see of Val Kilmer's face when he was in his batman getup was the Lips... and they looked so sexy! I'm sure Golly agrees!

And Clooney was better than Bale!

Anonymous said...

Woman, you're killing me! Just because I decided to get some sleep, and post a review the next morning ... (grumble)