15 June 2005

Off with her head...

No, no. Nothing gruesome here. Well, slightly gruesome, but depends on your point of view.

Aditi got a Barbie kind of doll as a gift a few weeks ago. And she wouldn't look at it all this while. Earlier this afternoon, she brought the doll to me in its original packaging and asked me to take it out and give it to her.

So far so good?? No, Not really... The real fun starts now.

Since I gave her that un-naturally-proportioned-anorexic-blonde-doll, we've been playing a rather macabre game. She goes to her playmat, takes the doll apart; limb by limb! Then she brings me one limb at a time, then the head and finally the torso. And asks me to put them back together. As soon as I do that, we are back to block 1. She goes sits on her playmat and makes a decapitated-quadruple-amputee-Barbie for me to put together. I tried telling her that I don't really care for that game, but she hasn't taken the hint so far.

On the bright side, like me, she too can't stand Barbie dolls. Good genes do show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is going to make a wonderful doctor/scientist/Iraqi-prison-guard

Anonymous said...

ha ha.. u should take pictures and put them one. Like an annotated guide...